*A digital camera /camcorder – if you want to capture/film the beautiful landscapes and memories.
*A pair of walking shoes- well cushioned and non-slip sole (no no no to any high heel). Although most walking tracks are easy and established, good walking shoes will come in handy.
*A light jacket but warm enough and preferably waterproof and has hood (we also carry plastic raincoats in case of heavy rain).
* A pair of jeans or similar, a pair of shorts in summer.
* A pair of sunglasses,suncream and a hat.
* A small torch if you want to search wildlife at night at Cradle Mt.
* A swim wear for a short dip if you come to Tassie in summer.
* A book or two, to read at night (Tassie doesn’t have a night life and most shops and restaurants close early-perfect for honeymooners!).
*The only mobile/cell phone network that can have signal in most locations is TELSTRA network. If you have vodaphone or optus sim cards you can have signal only major cities /towns.
If you need to keep in touch with your loved ones or friends while touring we recommend that you buy a Telstra SIM card (prepaid starter kit cost $25).
Please ask the driver if SIM card or rental phone available.
Otherwise public phones are widely available and some have the option of payment on credit cards.