4 Day Tasmania Tour | East Coast & Launceston (F4)
4 Day Tasmania Tour Highlights
- The stunning panoramic views from Mt Wellington Summit.
- Visit a winery in one of Tasmania’s most famous wine regions - the Coal Valley.
- Exploration of the 2 biggest cities on the island - Hobart & Launceston.
- Fully guided tour of Australia most famous culturally historic site - Port Arthur.
- 25min Harbour Cruise of Port Arthur aboard the the spacious catamaran vessel Marana.
- Tasmania’s east coast and the incredible Bay of Fires.
- Visit the award winning Nature World for an interactive experience with Tasmania’s native animals including the Tasmanian Devil.
- Sampling some of the best & freshest food and wine in all of Australia.
- Stroll through the lovely grounds of Cataract Gorge in Launceston.
- Fully accredited and experienced local guides.
- A suggested Sunday itinerary for those looking for further attractions while on the island would be a boat cruise up the Tamar River or a visit to one of the many Tamar Valley wineries.
- 3 nights accomodation at 3.5 - 4 star rated lodgings. *(Guests booking the 'Single' option will always have a private hotel room to themselves).
- All breakfasts and lunches provided
- Bottled water provided on tour.
- FREE wine, cheese, chocolate & oyster tastings.
- Daily afternoon tea, coffee & biscuit stops included FREE.
- Complimentary pick-up and drop-off at any Hobart & Launceston CBD Hotel.
- All attractions, entry fee’s and National Parks passes provided.
- The only additional expenses incurred are 3 x evening meals & and any spending money.
*We reserve the right to alter tour itineraries without notice due to climatic conditions and other circumstances outside our control.
4 Day Tasmania Tour
Our 4 Day Eastern Tasmania Coastline + Launceston Tour provides an intimate little getaway for those that have limited travel time available. This tour is a great option to explore the more populated east coast of Tassie along with the 2 biggest cities of Hobart & Launceston. Covering approximately 850km we explore many of Tasmania’s memorable attractions, moving fast enough to provide a fantastic overview of the islands eastern side, yet slow enough to enjoy the sights! Concluding at Thursday lunchtime this tour offers fantastic coastal scenery, historical learnings, fresh air and dozens of incredible photo opportunities. Suitable for all ages and fitness levels this tour is great for couples, families, friends and YES we cater for Single travellers! This is truely a memorable, small group travel experience.
Day 1 – Hobart to Port Arthur
Pick up from any Hobart CBD accommodations for the start of our 4 Day journey. Explore the Hobart waterfront area before heading to the summit of Mt Wellington (1270 m) boasting spectacular panoramic views in every direction. Further exploration through town sees us take in the historic Female Factory & Cascade Brewery while viewing many of Australia’s oldest convict built structures. Heading east we meander into the Coal River Valley, one of Tasmania’a premier wine regions. Naturally we will lunch at a lovely, family operated winery, sampling some of Tassie’s best wine & local produce before continuing on to the historic township of Richmond, one of Tasmania’s cleanest settlements. We will see the beautiful stone arch construction of the Richmond Bridge, built by the convicts in 1823 this is Australia’s oldest bridge still in operation.
It’s then on to the Tasman Peninsula for our first taste of the east coast. The Tasman National Park boasts towering sea cliffs and a wealth of cultural history as we venture south. A beautiful lookout point over Pirates Bay provides the ideal location for a scenic, mid-afternoon tea/coffee break. Learn about Eaglehawk Neck - the site of the infamous Dogline - as we cross onto the Tasman Peninsula. We then explore some of nature’s true wonders with short, scenic walks at Tasman’s Arch & Devils Kitchen. Continuing on we squeeze in a stop at the colourful Port Arthur Lavender Farm before overnighting right on the cusp of the Port Arthur World Heritage Historic Site.
Day 2 – Port Arthur to Bicheno
Our day begins with a 2.5 hour fully guided tour around the Port Arthur Historic Site. Explore many of the original buildings as we learn about the early convicts and the role they played in Tasmania’s history. Learn about Point Puer (the juvenile boys prison), the Isle of the Dead graveyard and the Port Arthur timber industry while enjoying a short, scenic harbour cruise to view the site as incoming convicts would have.
Much to everyone’s delight we stop at the boutique Federation Chocolate factory for some sampling of fresh, hand made chocolates. The flavours change depending on the season and the produce available! Next we leave the Tasman Peninsular for our journey up the very east coast of the island. At Raspins Beach we view the imposing Maria Island off the coast of Orford before stopping to see the unique convict built Spikey Bridge and the captivating coastline at Spikey Beach over tea, coffee & biscuits.
Next up is Swansea – a beautiful East Coast town - and the Great Oyster Bay area. Arriving in Bicheno for our evening accomodations we will squeeze in one last feel good activity by spotting the cute little Fairy Penguins arriving ashore right in Bicheno township.
Day 3 – Bicheno & Bay of Fires to Launceston
Start the day at the amazing Blow Hole on the rocky coastline of Bicheno. Visit the multi-award winning East Coast Nature World wildlife park to see many of our native animals and in particular - the feeding of the iconic Tasmanian Devil. Learn about this amazing animal and its recent struggle for survival. Pat wombats and hand-feed kangaroos, geese and ducks - this is a wonderful and interactive morning.
Enjoy travelling Tasmania’s most scenic coastal road with breathtaking views of the east coast en route to one of Tasmania’s premier attractions - the Bay of Fires. At Binalong Bay we will stroll along the pure white sandy beaches and snap photos of possibly the most colourful spot on the island.
Visit a working oyster farm, see their farming techniques and enjoy the freshest possible oysters. In the afternoon we proceed towards Launceston stopping at Pyengana, the award winning cheese factory and dairy. We then twist our way through an ancient Myrtle Rainforest and cross the trail of the dragon, an old mining area centred around the town of Derby. The carved memorial trees at Legerwood are one of Australia most unique & tasteful memorial sites, this will be our tea & coffee break for today before arriving in Launceston CBD for our evenings lodgings.
Day 4 – Launceston & Cataract Gorge
This morning we will explore downtown Launceston - Australia’s 3rd oldest capital city behind Sydney & Hobart. We visit the King Bridge, City Park, inside the beautiful old Heritage listed Post Office and of course take a 40 minute stroll through a jewel in the city - Cataract Gorge Reserve. Approximately 11am we conclude our 4 day itinerary with a drop off and goodbyes at any Launceston CBD location of your convenience.
All dates listed are guaranteed departure with a minimum of only 2 guests. Please contact us to check the status of your planned travel date or if you wish to travel outside the dates listed.