8 Day Tasmania Tour - (F8) Premium Tassie Tour
8 Day Tasmania Tour Highlights
- Visit one of Tasmania’s most unique locations - Cradle Mountain with spectacular scenery & wildlife.
- Half day tour of Launceston city including a guided walk through Cataract Gorge.
- Guided tour through the heritage listed R. Stephens honey factory in Mole Creek.
- 1 hour guided tour at the unique Marakoopa show Caves, includes viewing some of the best Glow Worms in Australia.
- Cruise the majestic Gordon River - one of the world true frontiers.
- Scenic drive through UNESCO World Heritage area of the Wild Rivers National Park.
- Enjoy a memorable half-day journey ‘Premium Class’ on board Tasmania’s famous functioning steam train - The West Coast Wilderness Railway.
- Walk across the mighty Strathgordon dam, peeping over the 140m drop if you're game.
- Visit one of Australia most original, unique and tasteful art galleries – The Wall.
- Tasmania's most photographed waterfall - the 3 tiered Russell Falls.
- Sample the culinary delights of the Salamanca Markets shopping for Tasmania’s best local produce and craft.
- Tahune Airwalk & swing bridges - option.
- MONA Museum of Old and New Art - option.
- Enjoy a full day experience on the magnificent Bruny Island - option with additional $150 charge.
- Enjoy 2-nights accommodation at the recently built Ibis Styles hotel in Hobart CBD. Return to Hobart in time to enjoy the famous Saturday Salamanca Markets
- 7 nights accommodation at comfortable lodgings rated 3.5 - 4.5 star. *(Guests booking the 'Single' option will always have a private hotel room to themselves).
- All breakfasts & lunches included.
- Bottled water provided on tour.
- FREE honey tastings.
- Daily afternoon tea, coffee & biscuits stops included FREE.
- All attractions, entry fees & National Parks passes provided.
- Gordon River cruise and West Coast Wilderness Train experience included.
- Complimentary pick-up and drop-off at Launceston & Hobart CBD accommodations.
- Tour is planned to arrive back in Hobart Friday evening leaving Saturday free to explore the famous Salamanca Market.
*We reserve the right to alter tour itineraries without notice due to climatic conditions and other circumstances outside our control.
8 Day Premium Tasmania Tours
This 8 Day 7 Night Package offers an unforgettable tour around the West Coast of Tasmania. Beginning in Launceston this journey includes some of the most iconic attractions in Australia. Concluding in Hobart on Saturday morning you will have immersed yourself in the culture of Tasmania’s West Coast – an area where many visitors never venture. Your tour has been designed to ensure Saturday afternoon is free to explore the famous Salamanca Markets in Hobart. Suitable for all ages and fitness levels this tour is great for couples, families, friends and YES we cater for Single travellers!
Day 1 - Launceston to Cradle Mountain
A short drive through downtown Launceston before enjoying a morning stroll at the lovely Cataract Gorge, a fantastic urban wilderness only minutes from the CBD. Heading west out of Tasmania’s biggest northern city we visit the R. Stephens honey factory in Mole Creek - Tasmania's oldest & largest honey producer. Here we will take a guided tour through the working factory which includes FREE tastings of Tasmania's famous Leatherwood honey.
Next enjoy a private tour of the spectacular Marakoopa Caves with their 250-million-year-old crystal formations, the only show caves in Tasmania boasting resident glow worms! Travelling up onto the central highlands we will reach the World Heritage listed Cradle Mountain National Park. Come for a short animal spotting jaunt in the evening before relaxing at the acclaimed Cradle Mt Hotel.
Day 2 – Cradle Mountain
Visit the divine Dove Lake at the foot of Cradle Mountain – a photographer’s paradise. Take in the stunning views of this iconic space from several angles as we complete a short walk to Glacier Rock.
Wonders abound strolling through the mossy forests of the Enchanted Walk and the mesmerising cascades of Pencil Pine waterfall.Visit the old ‘Waldheim Chalet’ of pioneer Gustav Weindorfer – the father of this wondrous park. After a delicious lunch we make our way on to Strahan via the meandering forest highways of the west coast.
View the Southern Ocean from the best lookout point on the West Coast and see as far as you can imagine – perhaps Argentina? Your lungs will thank you as you inhale possibly the cleanest air on Earth. Arrive at Tasmania’s most westerly town for some afternoon relaxation and accommodation in Strahan.
Day 3 – Gordon River Cruise
Spend the morning enjoying one of the most scenic and unique tourist attractions in Australia – the Gordon River Cruise. Aboard the famous ‘Harbour Master’ in upper deck Gold Class luxury, your 6-hour cruise will include stunning views of Hells Gates and Macquarie Harbour, Sarah Island, the salmon farms and of course the jewel in the crown – the Gordon River World Heritage area itself. The cruise will also include a freshly prepared buffet lunch meal onboard the vessel.
Our afternoon plan will see us visit the Morrison Sawmill for a close-up look at Tasmania’s most famous timber – Huon Pine. Followed by some further exploring in Strahan village before heading to Queenstown for the evenings accommodation.
Day 4 – West Coast Wilderness Railway
Don’t bother checking out of your hotel as we will enjoy a lovely day of scenery before relaxing back in the same accommodations for a second night. Today we journey on the West Coast Wilderness Railway – a journey back in time on Tasmania’s west coast aboard the fully restored original steam train.
Departing from Queenstown we travel premium ‘Wilderness’ class and will be welcomed onboard with complimentary sparkling wine and canapes. The half day journey heads deep into the heart of the west coast on the steep sections of the track where the famous ‘rack n pinion’ line is found. Sit back in comfort as we cross more than a dozen bridges while listening to your guide bring stories of the railway and its resilient people to life. Enjoy the beautiful sights of the King River waterway, this is truly one of Tasmania’s premier experiences.
Our afternoon will be spent exploring Queenstown at a relaxing pace. The Iron Blow lookout, Horsetail Falls and possibly an evening drink or movie at the classic old Empire Hotel & Paragon Theatre. The grandiose Paragon Theatre is an evening entertainment option for those interested in the cinema classics.
Day 5 – Queenstown to Strathgordon
Take in the wondrous views at Lake Burbury before we head into the World Heritage area for a morning stroll through thick forest to the imperial Nelson Falls – beautiful any time of year. Our lunch stop is a true gem in Australian Art – The Wall in the Wilderness. Learn about the history and significance of the 100m long Huon Pine carvings by artist Greg Duncan and enjoy lunch in unique surroundings. This is legitimately one of the most incredible privately owned art galleries in Australia.
Our afternoon travels will see us visit the old Hydro township of Tarraleah and learn about this monstrous project and how it came to life back in the 1950’s. We then continue via a magical drive into Strathgordon, the deepest point of the World Heritage park accessible by road for the evenings stay at Lake Pedder Wilderness Lodge. Break for afternoon tea at the picturesque Lake Meadowbank where Platypus are known to nest.
Day 6 – Strathgordon & the Derwent Valley
Explore the remote scenery of lake Gordon and Lake Pedder and the gigantic structure of the Gordon Dam built in 1974 and towering to 140m high. For those not averse to heights a walk across the dam wall is a must! Learn about how this single structure generates nearly 15% of Tasmania’s electricity. In the afternoon we stop at the spectacular Russell Falls – one of Tasmania’s most photographed waterfalls. Enjoy a meandering drive through the Derwent valley en route to Hobart. Our accommodations for the next 2 nights will be the Ibis Styles Hotel located in Hobart CBD.
Day 7 – Choose from one of the following 3 great options.
- Tahune Airwalk experience
- MONA - Museum of Old and New Art
- Bruny Island Tour and Wilderness Cruise – additional cost of $150.00 per person
Tahune Airwalk – Travel down the Huon Valley through amazing farming, forestry and fishing settlements to arrive at the Tahune Airwalk. A 600m tree top walk 30m above the forest floor with a spectacular 50m cantilever section over the Huon River. From here you will have panoramic views to the peaks of the adjacent world heritage area. Enjoy the swinging bridges walk and feel the mighty Huon and Picton Rivers beneath your feet. The first bridge spanning the Huon is over a 100 m long with the second over 60m. This is an amazing forest experience. Spend an additional 20 minutes to discover the ancient and rare Huon pine trees on an easy and tranquil stroll along the pristine river bank. Includes all transport and lunch.
MONA – Go with an open mind. This is Australia’s largest private owned gallery of modern and contemporary art, all housed in a stunning building, amazing architecture and views.
Enjoy the Derwent River ferry cruise to and from the museum leaving from Constitution Dock in Hobart CBD. Includes entry and lunch allowance.
Bruny Island – For the more adventurous a full day tour of Bruny Island includes the amazing 3 hour cruise around rugged Tassie coastline. Experience the awesome power of the mighty Southern Ocean, towering cliffs and deep sea caves. Encounter the regions remarkable wildlife, keeping a close lookout for sea eagles, dolphins, seals and a variety of sea birds. Amazing photographic opportunities abound. Trip includes pickup Hobart 7.45am, scenic guided bus tour and ferry crossing to Bruny Island, morning tea, 3 hour wilderness cruise, lunch and return to Hobart around 5.30pm. This option incurs an additional $150.00 charge per person.
Day 8 – Salamanca Markets
The world-famous Salamanca markets are held every Saturday and we wouldn’t want to miss them. After a full buffet breakfast explore the market at your own leisure and sample some of the abundance of street foods. This officially concludes our most extensive and premium tour of the island. We are sure you will have enjoyed the experience of a lifetime and shaped many new friendships during our travels.
All F8 tour dates listed are guaranteed departure with a minimum of only 4 guests. Please contact us to check the status of your planned travel date or if you wish to travel outside the dates listed.