Private Tour Option
Take away the stresses of a self-driving holiday in Tasmania. Instead, let us host you in a private, relaxed, comfortable environment where you can enjoy the fantastic Tassie scenery and whatever culinary delights you please - worry free. No organising hotels, no reading maps, no searching for venues to dine… we will cover all of this for you. At Fun Tassie Tours we have well over 20 years experience travelling Tasmania in every direction and in every corner, finding all the best places to visit and share with our guests in small group tours. We relish the opportunity to host private groups. They can often be some of our most rewarding experiences as hosts, given to the opportunity to visit less frequented places and attractions. We enjoy the process of brainstorming & designing an itinerary to suit the needs of a particular group. We have even had a group of 12 friends from mainland Australia complete 4 x private tours with us thus far!
Points to consider for your Tassie Tour
- Generally a minimum of 5 guests is required to book a private tour (although this can be negotiated).
- Quotes are done on a case by case basis with negotiable rates for children depending on their age etc.
- Private Tassie tours are available all year round.
- Depending on the intended month of travel, number of guests and intended attractions & accommodation it is usually recommend to plan 12 months ahead for private small group tours.
- Generally a minimum of 3 days is required for private tours with anything up to approximately 15 days also possible.
- All quotes and pricing will always be in Australian Dollars $AUD and include all fee’s, taxes and GST etc.
Note: The possible departure dates listed at the ‘Book Now’ link represent weeks we have confirmed availability. Contact us if you are interested in packages outside these dates, we can certainly discuss.
Private Tour Advantages
- Hobart airport transfers possible.
- Suitable for families - especially those with young children.
- Negotiable rates.
- Child car seats can be organised on our end eliminating the need for you to travel with additional luggage.
- Our Tassie tours can be designed with significantly reduced bus driving which often suits young families and other groups who prefer shorter travel distances.
- We can cater for groups up to 30 people.
- We can customise the Tasmanian accommodations used to suit an individual group and their needs. For example; couples will love the 4-star Cradle Mountain Hotel… but families with children might prefer the very cosy and more spacious Cradle Mountain Cabins with equipped kitchens and bunk beds.
- We can customise our Tasmanian tour scheduling to a busy or relaxed pace depending on the needs of the group.
- We can change tour plans on the run to suit weather, the mood of the group or simply to make the most of an unexpected opportunity that may arise.
- We can include physically challenging attractions (for example Wineglass Bay trek) or leisurely itinerary plans depending on the group.
- Itineraries can be designed to move accommodation daily in order to cover more distance or have multiple nights in each location.
- While we generally avoid any accommodation less than 3.5 star, we can often organise exclusive, high end accommodation on request.
- You will have a direct point of contact (Morgan) for the duration of your travel experience. This includes from the very early stages of planning right through to the tour itself which may be a period in excess of 12 months.
- Negotiable tour deposits and general payment terms.
- Private vehicle & host allocated exclusively to your group for the duration of the package.
- Customised small group tour itinerary.
- All accommodations
- All breakfasts and lunches.
- 1 x evening meal typically included. (note itineraries can be customised however, to include as few or as many meals as desired by the group).
- Fully guided experience at all Tasmanian attractions.
- Bottled water provided free on all our Tassie tour.
- FREE chocolate, wine, cheese, oysters, whiskey or Gin tastings.
- Afternoon tea, coffee & biscuits stops included FREE at scenic locations most days.
- All attractions, entry fee’s and National Parks passes provided.
- A portfolio folder supplied on arrival for each guest containing tour itineraries, personalised map, souvenir bookmark and other interesting & relevant information for your Tasmanian holiday experience.
*Our luxurious 17 Seat Iveco Minibus with leather seats and overhead storage.
*We reserve the right to alter our Tassie tour itineraries without notice. This may be due to climatic conditions or other unexpected changes due to circumstances beyond our control. A very suitable, alternative itinerary option will always be arranged in this event.
*Page last updated 19th April 2023.